Rules For Riding the Big Orange Bus
The BOB operates when school is in session during the normal Spring & Fall semesters with a limited schedule during the Summer semester. Schedules and Departure Times are available at the Information Desk in North Hall at OSU Tulsa, the Tulsa Shuttle office in the Bus Terminal at OSU Stillwater or online at shuttle.okstate.edu.
All passengers must have a valid ticket or pass. Passengers under 2 may ride free on a parent's lap. Passengers under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Reservations can be made online at shuttle.okstate.edu.
- Reservations can also be made at OSU Tulsa M-Th 7:00am – 6:00pm & Fridays 7:00am to 5:00pm in North Hall at the Information Desk 918-594-8332 or at OSU-Stillwater M-F 7:30am to 5:00Pm in the Transportation Terminal 405-744-7100. OSU Stillwater is the only location setup to receive cash and credit card payments. At OSU Tulsa, passengers who pay cash must first visit the OSU Tulsa Bursars office, pay for their trip and bring the issued receipt to the Information Desk to finalize their reservation.
- Arrive early. Boarding begins 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. If a passenger leaves the BOB after checking in, the BOB operator is not required to wait for their return before leaving.
- Passengers with disabilities must inform the BOB representative of any special accommodations needed 24 hours prior to departure time. This will insure the BOB is able to accommodate the passenger’s needs.
- The BOB leaves precisely at scheduled departure times. Boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure allowing plenty of boarding time. If a passenger misses the BOB, a refund will not be issued.
- Use the restroom before boarding. The restroom aboard the BOB is not operational.
- An OSU ID (students) or valid ID (guests) is required to ride the bus. OSU policy requires that students show a valid OSU ID when riding the BOB to qualify for the student rate of $7.50.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the BOB. Re-sealable bottles are allowed at the bus operator’s discretion.
- Stow luggage and large backpacks in the cargo bays. Space aboard the BOB is limited. Depending on ridership, passengers will not always have the seat next to them available.
- The BOB loads and unloads at specific locations. The BOB loads/unloads in Tulsa next to Lot A on Greenwood Ave and in Stillwater at the Bus Terminal located on the Northeast corner of Monroe and Hall of Fame. Students will not be allowed to load/unload at any other location.
- Be courteous to other passengers. Headphones are required for passengers listening to music players or watching movies on their PC or tablet. Abusive language and behavior will not be tolerated. Passengers who are abusive will be removed from the BOB without refund. Abusive passengers will also lose riding privileges.
- Throw your trash away. A trash can is located at the front of the bus. OSU BOB does not employ any bus cleaners; therefore, the buses are maintained by the bus operators.
- Bursar Holds. OSU students can charge their BOB reservations to their Bursar. However, if a student has a bursar hold, other forms of payment will be required to make further reservations until the hold has been removed and clears the reservation system.
- Inclement Weather. If a campus should close due to inclement weather, it will first be posted at safety.okstate.edu. Passengers should also monitor the OSU BOB Facebook page at www.facebook.com/okstatebob for trip cancelations and other important information.
- Effective January 1, 2014, All Cancelations must be processed at OSU Stillwater.
- Cash or Credit Card Reservations are not refundable.
- BOB reservation (charged to Bursar Account) can be cancelled and refunds issued as long as the cancelation is done 24 hours prior to the scheduled trip departure time.
- Cancelations made within 24 hours of the original trip departure time are not allowed.
- Passengers are allowed to reschedule a departure time if done so before the original departure time. Rescheduling only changes the departure time; it does not change the trip destination.